Recital Packet 2018
MLSD Recital 2018- “Once Upon A Time”
Sunday, June 10th
12:00 PM & 4:00 PM Shows
@ The Issac Cary Memorial Building
1605 Massachusetts Ave
All dancers in the 12:00 PM Show must arrive by 11:15 AM.
All dancers in the 4:00 PM Show must arrive by 3:15 PM.
• We will hold our annual recitals on Sunday, June 10th at 12:00 pm & 4:00 PM. All classes were assigned a show time during the month of January this year. Please check the website or studio recital wall if you are unsure of your show assignment. Students must arrive to the theater 45 minutes prior to show time.
• Parents must sign in their child upon arrival to the theater. Parents will not be permitted past the student check-in area. Please make sure they are dressed in costume, wearing correct dance shoes & have hair/ make-up done. If your child is dancing in more than one routine and needs assistance with costume changes, please be sure to pick-up your backstage bracelet at the front desk during the last week of classes. One bracelet will be given only. Parents without a bracelet will NOT be allowed backstage for the safety of the children and organization of the show.
• Students will be back stage for the show.
• All Students will stay the entirety of the show, and will participate in the Grand Finale Dance at the end of the show.
• At the end of the show, 1 parent will be asked to come to the stage to pick-up their dancer. Please send the parent that we know and will recognize by face.
• Dress rehearsal for all students participating in the 12:00 PM show will be held on Thursday, June 7th and students participating in the 4:00 PM show will be held on Friday, June 8th at the theater (Issac Cary Memorial Building). We will begin promptly at 6 PM, please do not be late! We ask all dancers to aim to arrive by 5:45 PM.
• Parents will be asked to bring their dancer through the main door entrance for sign-in. Children will go to the backstage area with MLSD staff and parents will be asked to please find a seat in the theater.
• We recommend that only 1 parent attend dress rehearsal to avoid crowds, however if needed parents & siblings may attend. No grandparents, aunts & uncles, friends, cousins ETC. Parents & Siblings ONLY!
• No food or drinks will be permitted in the theater, water only.
• At rehearsal, we will run the grand finale dance first, followed by the dances in show order. Once your child has performed on stage, you must leave the theater.
Hair & Make-up
• All students must arrive dressed in costume with hair and make-up done for both rehearsal & recital. All dancers have been told hair, tights and shoe requirements for recital. Please refer back to your costume bag for details. If your child has a hair flower or hair clip, please wear it to the right side of their bun/pony.
• All dancers are expected to wear stage make-up. This includes base makeup, blush, eye shadow, mascara, eye liner and red lip stick. Our littlest dancers can go lighter on the make-up.
-Tickets will be sold at the studio May 5th- May 19th.
-Families will be permitted to purchase 4 tickets per dancer for the 12:00 PM show. We will then open up any remaining tickets first come first serve on May 21st. Families are NOT limited a ticket amount for the 4:00 PM Show.
-Seating will be general admission.
-Tickets will be $18 Each.
-Recital participants do NOT need a ticket
(this includes dad's in the father/daughter dance).
-Tickets will be available for purchase at the dance studio only.
Please see Mary or Louise at the front desk to make your ticket purchase.
-Any child small enough to sit on a lap may do so, but if sitting in a seat they will need a ticket. Please be sure to abide by this rule. We sell an exact number of tickets until we reach full capacity. Thank you in advance.
Picture Day at the Studio
• Photographer Jane Lydick Staid will be conducting our picture day at the studio on Sunday, May 20th. Group photos will be taken, as well as individual photos for those of you who wish to have them done. All classes have been assigned a time slot. Time slots are posted in waiting room, website, and have been emailed out.
• If you wish to order photos the photographer will provide ordering details through her website. Please be prepared to bring payment information on the day of picture day for the photographer if you wish to order.
As we did last year- we have hired a videographer who will film the entire show (very simple, no editing, or special effects). We will then email this out to all families a few weeks after the recital, free of charge.
We will continue to ask that parents do not film or take photos during the show, as it is distracting for the dancers- and we do not want any audience members standing in their seats blocking the view of others.
Recital T-shirts & Keepsakes
Recital 2018 t-shirts will be available. This year the shirts will be purple with the recital logo on the front, and “Star Dancer” written on the back. All t-shirts must be Pre-ordered, orders due by May 10th at the very latest. Please see the May Newsletter for the online order form. Shirts are $20. Please note, we only order enough t-shirts for pre-orders, no additional t-shirts will be available- so if you would like one, be sure to order!
• Roses, Teddy Bears, Water Bottles & MLSD Merchandise will be available for purchase at the recital. Cash only please!
Program Book Ads
Congratulate your dancers or advertise your business with a program book ad! Our shows generate an audience total of about 1200 people! Great publicity for your business/ dancer!
• 1 photo & message allowed in each ad.
• All Ad's will be printed in black & white.
Please email all ads to Louise in a Word Document Format,
With photo in black and white, ready to print!
$25 for quarter page ad, $50 half page ad, $75 full page ad.
The deadline to email your ad & make payment is May 10th.
PARKING FOR REHEARSAL & RECITAL
Parking for Lexington Center offers a variety of parking options surrounding the theater. There is metered lot parking, street parking as well as free lot parking. If you end up parking in the metered section- please note that the meters accept both quarters and credit cards.
Do Not Fill This Out