Recital Packet 2017
MLSD Recital 2017- “Continental Cruising”
Saturday, June 10th
2:00 PM Show
@ Back Bay Events Center
180 Berkeley Street
All dancers must arrive by 1:15 PM!
• We will hold our annual recital on Saturday, June 10th at 2:00 pm. Students must arrive to the theater 45 minutes prior to show time.
• Parents must sign in their child at the stage door on Stuart St. upon arrival. Parents will not be permitted past the student check-in area. Please make sure they are dressed in costume, wearing correct dance shoes & have hair/ make-up done. If your child is dancing in more than one routine and needs assistance with costume changes, please be sure to pick-up your backstage bracelet at the front desk during the last week of classes. One bracelet will be given only. Parents without a bracelet will NOT be allowed backstage for the safety of the children and organization of the show.
• Students will be back stage for the show.
• All parents of Preschool level dancers will be asked to pick up your child during the intermission of the show.
• Students in Kinder Level Classes and up will stay the entirety of the show, and will participate in the Grand Finale Dance at the end of the show.
• At the end of the show, parents will be asked to come to the stage to pick-up their dancer.
• Dress rehearsal will be held on Thursday, June 8th at the John Hancock Hall (Back Bay Event Center). We will begin promptly at 5:30 PM, please do not be late!
• Parents will be asked to bring their dancer to the Stuart street entrance (backstage entrance) for sign-in, we will keep the children organized at that time, and parents will be asked to enter through the main doors of the theater. At that time, parents please find a seat.
• We recommend that only 1 parent attend dress rehearsal to avoid crowds, however if needed parents & siblings may attend. No grandparents, aunts & uncles, friends, cousins ETC. Parents & Siblings ONLY!
• No food or drinks will be permitted in the theater, water only.
• At rehearsal, we will run the grand finale dance first, followed by all preschool routines. We will then run the show in the order it has been assigned for show day. Once your child has performed on stage, you must leave the theater. At rehearsal & recital, you will be asked to leave through the main doors.
• PLEASE DO NOT FORGET TO SIGN YOUR CHILD OUT WHEN LEAVING DRESS REHEARSAL. This is for the safety of the children. You will leave dress rehearsal through the main entrance of the theater. The sign-out desk will be located at the exit.
Hair & Make-up
• All students must arrive dressed in costume with hair and make-up done for both rehearsal & recital. All dancers have been told hair, tights and shoe requirements for recital. Please refer back to your costume bag for details. If your child has a hair flower or hair clip, please wear it to their right side of the bun.
• All dancers are expected to wear stage make-up. This includes base makeup, blush, eye shadow, mascara, eye liner and red lip stick. Our littlest dancers can go lighter on the make-up.
• Tickets will go on sale Saturday, May 6th beginning at 8:00 AM.
• You may purchase your tickets online or by phone, please note all sales will go directly through the theater. www.backbayeventscenter.com OR Ticket Company Vendini by calling (800) 528-1963.
• All tickets are first come, first serve.
• All seating is numbered and assigned.
• All tickets are non-refundable.
• All tickets will be $26.00
• If you are the parent of a preschool level dancer and they wish to watch the remainder of the show after they have been dismissed at the intermission- they may sit on your lap, otherwise if you would like them to have a seat you must purchase them a ticket.
Picture Day at the Studio
• Photographer Jane Lydick Staid will be conducting our picture day at the studio on Sunday, May 7th. Group photos will be taken, as well as individual photos for those of you who wish you have them done. All classes have been assigned a time slot. Time slots are posted in waiting room, and have been emailed out.
• Order forms are available in the studio waiting room. You will give all payments & order forms to the photographer. Please arrive with forms already filled out to help keep us running in a timely manner.
In past years we have offered a recital DVD through a video production company. Due to the demand of DVD orders being so low, we will no longer be offering this service. Instead, we will have a simple filming of the entire show done (very simple, no editing, or special effects). We will then email this out to all families a few weeks after the recital, free of charge.
We will continue to ask that parents do not film or take photos during the show, as it is distracting for the dancers- and we do not want any audience members standing in their seats blocking the view of others.
Recital T-shirts & Keepsakes
Recital 2017 t-shirts will be available. This year the shirts will be Royal Blue with the recital logo on the front, and “Star Dancer” written on the back. All t-shirts must be Pre-ordered, with order forms & payments due by May 10th at the very latest. Shirts are $20. Please see order form at the back of this packet. Please note, we only order enough t-shirts for pre-orders, no additional t-shirts will be available- so if you would like one, be sure to order!
• Roses, Teddy Bears, Water Bottles & Snacks will be available for purchase during intermission at the recital. Cash only please!
Program Book Ads
Congratulate your dancers or advertise your business with a program book ad! Our shows generate an audience total of about 1000 people! Great publicity for your business/ dancer!
• 1 photo & message allowed in each ad.
• All Ad's will be printed in black & white.
Please email all ads to Mary in a Word Document Format,
With photo in black and white, ready to print!
$25 for quarter page ad, $50 half page ad, $75 full page ad.
The deadline to email your ad & make payment is May 10th.
PARKING FOR REHEARSAL & RECITAL
While we do not offer parking at the Back Bay Events Center, we do offer discounted parking at the 100 Clarendon Street Parking Garage, conveniently located one block away.
REHEARSAL PARKING RATE: $7.00 (After 5 PM)
RECITAL DAY PARKING RATE: $17.00
Please present your ticket to a representative of the
Back Bay Events Center to receive a validation stamp.
RECITAL T-SHIRT ORDER FORM
Please submit this form along with payment to Mary by May 10th.
DANCER(S) NAME: ___________________________________________________________
T-SHIRT SIZE: ______________________
PAYMENT: (Please Circle)
Check Cash Credit Card
(FOR OFFICE ONLY)
PAID NOT PAID
Do Not Fill This Out